Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Now For Some History...



At heart I’m still a Minnesotan. I was raised in Minnesota. I grew up playing hockey. I remember watching the North Stars before they were stolen away to an oil rich, ice-less land called Dallas. For this reason, I take a bit of offense to the new campaign from Austin agency Door Number 3. The ad refers to the Detroit Red Wings trumping of the Dallas Stars last season to clinch the National Hockey League Championship but for certain fans of the original Stars, the only Stars, The North Stars, it means something entirely different. Certain fans who remember when hockey players were helmet-less, the Grain Belt was bottomless and multiple fan letters from a fourth grade student in South Minneapolis to North Star starting goalie, Casey Jones went response-less. No Dallas I believe in this case, you have something of ours!

via AdFreak.